Description: Rectory Stables
Date Listed: 9 December 1985
English Heritage Building ID: 317410
OS Grid Reference: ST8205971142
OS Grid Coordinates: 382059, 171142
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4390, -2.2595
COLERNE VICARAGE LANE
8/318 Rectory Stables
Barn, C18, coursed rubble stone with stone tiled roof and coped
gables with saddlestones. Ashlar flush quoins and dressings. 2-
storey. 3 plain square headed openings above. Ground floor with
central broad elliptical arched opening and round arched doorway to
right. Boarded doors. To left, C20 large garage opening. East
end wall has inset 5 pieces of carved stonework removed from the
parish church during a C19 restoration, 3 gargoyles apparently C15,
a respond from the c1200 arcade and a piece with paired gargoyle
heads. Listed for group value and the inserted medieval carving.
Illustrated in J. Buckler drawing of church 1809.
Listing NGR: ST8205971142
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.