Description: Group of 5 Gleed Monuments in Churchyard, 5 Metres East of East Wall of Chancel, Church of the Holy
Date Listed: 17 April 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 317656
OS Grid Reference: SU0419094397
OS Grid Coordinates: 404190, 194397
Latitude/Longitude: 51.6484, -1.9408
SU 09 SW ASHTON KEYNES -
Group of 5 Gleed monuments in
churchyard, 5m east of east wall of
chancel, Church of the Holy Cross.
Group of 5 chest tombs arranged in lines 2:1:2. C18 and C19.
Limestone. South row, to east, WILLIAM CLIFFORD, deceased 1786,
moulded table. Inscribed side panels. To west: ISSAC AND MARY
GLEED, 1776. Moulded table. Inscribed side panels between
recessed moulded corner balusters. Centre row; JOHN GLEED, died
1837, and family. Chamfered table and low bead-moulded panels and
chamfered base. Shield shaped brass moulded on top of table.
North row: to east JOHN GLEED, died 1883, form and brass as last.
To west: MICHAEL POOL and wife 1843, form and brass as last. The
low chest tomb with bead moulded panels is a local C19 type of
which there are other examples in the churchyard.
Listing NGR: SU0419094397
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.