Description: Long Cottage
The Old Long House
Date Listed: 17 June 1977
English Heritage Building ID: 317716
OS Grid Reference: SU0476193970
OS Grid Coordinates: 404761, 193970
Latitude/Longitude: 51.6445, -1.9326
SU 09 SW ASHTON KEYNES PARK PLACE
10/67 Nos 28 and 28a (The Old Long House
and Long Cottage)
(formerly listed as Nos 27, 27A and
17.6.77 28 (The Long House). Hagstone wall
to road in front of Nos 27, 27a & 28.
Two attached cottages. 1765. Coursed limestone rubble and stone
slate roof. Two-storey and attic. Five window bays on first
floor, 4 on ground floor. Panelled door. Windows are C19 timber
casements. Four-pane sashes on gable end. Single storey forward
extension to end of each cottage. Gable stacks and stack on party
wall with datestone TMC 1765. C20 front range to Long Cottage, and
two-storey forward entension to the Old Long House, originally a
furze house, built by 1821 and had become Blacksmith's shop by
1858. Raised to 2 storeys in rat-trap bond in 1861 for a workshop.
Openings towards road with lintels, now blocked. Initials on
datestone are those of Richard Carter, who included a bakehouse
within the building. (WILBR. B2696).
Listing NGR: SU0476193970
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.