Description: Group of Four Monuments in the Churchyard 0.5 South East of Porch, Church of St Mary
Date Listed: 3 December 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 318040
OS Grid Reference: ST8943082041
OS Grid Coordinates: 389430, 182041
Latitude/Longitude: 51.5372, -2.1538
HULLAVINGTON THE STREET
ST 88 SE
5/43 Group of 4 Monuments in the
churchyard 0.5m south-east of
porch, Church of St Mary
Four chest tombs. Limestone. Late C18.
a) Newman/Iddols familes. 1795 with corner balusters, floral
spray pilasters and oval inscription panels with putti in the
spandrels. Fluted frieze and slab with torus moulding.
b) Unidentified with corner balusters and central floral
pilasters forming 2 square inscription panels to either side.
Lettering eroded. Fluted frieze and slab with torus moulding.
c) Unidentified with corner balusters, deeply moulded rustic
floral pilasters, raised and fielded panel to south side, oval
panel to north side. Lettering eroded. Pulvinated frieze and
deeply projecting cyma recta moulded slab.
d) Unidentified and sunk to half its height. Floral pilasters to
corners and cartouches to either side of inscription panel on
south side. Lettering eroded. Large, deeply projecting cyma
recta moulded slab.
Listing NGR: ST8942982039
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.