Description: Ivery House
Date Listed: 26 January 1955
English Heritage Building ID: 318607
OS Grid Reference: SU1381580222
OS Grid Coordinates: 413815, 180222
Latitude/Longitude: 51.5208, -1.8023
5410 WROUGHTON CHURCH HILL
(formerly listed as
SU 1380 22/525 26.1.55
Datestone 1727 but altered considerably in early and mid C19 and recently.
Garden front: 2 1/2 storeys pebbledash over brick. Stone tile roof. Brick
chimneys, 1 grooved. Band over ground floor. Three bays, outer gabled (to
right hand gable is datestone "TS 1727"; Thomas Saddler was vicar 1716-55).
In centre wide 3 light angled bay. The windows glazing bar sashes. Door
half-glazed to right, reeded lower panels and lean-to slated porch with moulded
wood trellis work and scallop eaves; trellis extended to form porch entrance
from the street. Extension to South. Road (North) front has remains of moulded
wooden eaves board and later C18 brickwork. To West: ashlar dressings to
rubble front. Two storeys and blocking course, left hand part has band over
ground floor. Two storey angled bay to left, 2 window range to right, brick
infil with oriel. Rubble gable end with external stone chimney.
Listing NGR: SU1381580222
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.