Description: Former Stable Block, Now Garage of No 56a and 56b
Date Listed: 12 October 1972
English Heritage Building ID: 319038
OS Grid Reference: SU1419029758
OS Grid Coordinates: 414190, 129758
Latitude/Longitude: 51.0670, -1.7989
Former stable block, now
garage of No 56A and 56B
SU 1429 NW 3/16B
C14/C15 stone rubble, some probably from Old Sarum, flint rubble, tile herringbone
and later brick dressings and additions. 1 storey. Gable end old tile roof.
C18/C19 alteration to coach house with leaded casements plain door, gabled
loft hatch. 5 bay roof, queen posts visible at south end, collars, principals,
purlins. 2 tiers of windbraces. The east wall is partly of cob.
All the listed buildings in the Close form an outstanding group.
Listing NGR: SU1419029758
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.