Description: Church of St Osmund (Roman Catholic)
Date Listed: 28 February 1952
English Heritage Building ID: 319121
OS Grid Reference: SU1455529498
OS Grid Coordinates: 414555, 129498
Latitude/Longitude: 51.0646, -1.7937
CHURCH OF ST OSMUND
Roman Catholic Church
SU 1429 NE 4/365
SU 1429 SE 6/365 28.2.52.
1847-48 by Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin. Coursed flint with stone dressings. South west tower with pyramid slate roof. Large gable over nave, slate roof. The north aisle with lower gable an addition of 1894 by D Webb. Interior arcades with foliate capitals low. Altar in south chapel by Pugin, elaborate font, with fleur-de-lys in quatrefoils. Stained glass: east and 2 south windows by Pugin, made by Hardman of Birmingham one of south windows inscribed "ex voto" by Pugin, dated 1850.
Nos 90 to 92 (consec) St Osmund's Church & School and Nos 95 & 96 form a group.
Listing NGR: SU1455529498
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.