Description: The Old Rectory
Date Listed: 19 May 1950
English Heritage Building ID: 31923
OS Grid Reference: ST7043055046
OS Grid Coordinates: 370430, 155046
Latitude/Longitude: 51.2938, -2.4255
5120 CHURCH HILL
The Old Rectory
ST 75 NW 1/32 19.5.50.
The house is in 2 portions, front and rear with slate 'M'-shaped type roof,
coped verges with moulded footstones and ashlar end chimneys with moulded
capping. Front portion is late C18 or early C19, rear portion earlier C18.
Front portion 2 storeys, ashlar faced, 3 windows, glazing bar sashes. Central
square headed doorway with moulded flat stone hood on cut stone brackets.
Plinth, plain band course at lst floor level.
Rear portion rendered. Two storeys, 2 windows on each floor, 3 light stone
mullioned casements with small sashes in centre lights, one tall stair window,
also sash with glazing bars. Plain central doorway and plain doorway to left
with 1886 Gothic porch. Single storey extension to right on cellar,with pointed
arch window divided by 'Y' pattern square section tracery of simple Gothic
Interior: late C18 staircase with ramped rails; fretted panels to shutters.
The'Church Room" has reeded architraves to windows and arched cupboards flanking
Listing NGR: ST7043055046
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.