Description: The Coach House
Date Listed: 8 June 1978
English Heritage Building ID: 319322
OS Grid Reference: SU0956931234
OS Grid Coordinates: 409569, 131234
Latitude/Longitude: 51.0804, -1.8648
5409 WEST STREET
No 25A (The Coach
SU 0931 5/86
Dated 1843. Coach house to the Old Rectory. 1½ storeys, Gothic flavour.
Brick built with tiled roof. Stone built to road. Coped gable to road:-
moulded footstones, 1 range of 2-light stone mullion windows, with label
on ground floor, quatrefoil panel to right, former drinking fountain with
obscured inscription (formerly read "Drink and be Thankful"). Front to
south-west: central 4 centred arch to entrance (now bricked in) flanked
by buttresses, shield stone over with date. Linked to St Andrew's House
(qv) by ball-capped gatepiers. Modern matching addition to north-east;
yard gateway adjacent; yard front altered, former pointed entrance blocked
and wide replica Ionic doorcase set in.
Listing NGR: SU0956931234
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.