Description: Ivychurch Farmhouse
Date Listed: 28 March 1985
English Heritage Building ID: 319380
OS Grid Reference: SU1826227669
OS Grid Coordinates: 418262, 127669
Latitude/Longitude: 51.0481, -1.7408
SU 12 NE ALDERBURY -
5/1 Ivychurch Farmhouse
Farmhouse, C19. Flint and limestone chequers, tiled roof, stone
stack. 2-storey, 2-window. Entrance door to first floor is up
steps on gable end. Reused Tudor arched door with reused blind
stone arch to right. First floor has C20 cast-iron casements and a
large Perpendicular panel with quatrefoils. Several fragments of
carved stone reused in this gable end wall and rest of building are
from the site of the Augustinian Priory on which the house now
stands. Right return has C20 casements and C19 casement with large
projecting stone and flint stack. Left return has similar windows.
Single storey C20 extension to rear.
Interior not accessible, but R.C.H.M. recorded three pairs of
crucks to first floor and roof, boxed-in and probably reused.
Reused roof timbers; tie beam with queen struts to collar. Ground
floor was raised in 1950's to lower the height. Group value with
priory ruins and garden walls (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SU1826227669
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.