Description: Meadow Cottages
Date Listed: 28 March 1985
English Heritage Building ID: 319493
OS Grid Reference: SU1585030881
OS Grid Coordinates: 415850, 130881
Latitude/Longitude: 51.0770, -1.7751
SU 13 SE LAVERSTOCK POST OFFICE LANE
2/113 Nos. 2 and 3 Meadow Cottages
Pair of cottages. C17 with late C19 rebuilding. Irregular
English bond brick to ground floor and C19 Flemish bond to first
floor, thatched roof with brick stacks. One storey and attic, 3
windows. To left and right are glazed doors in early C20 gabled
porches, windows are three 3-light casements under segmental heads.
First floor has three gabled dormers with 2-light casements.
Right and left returns have one cast-iron casement to ground floor.
Deep eaves to gables.
Interior has chamfered ceiling beams. History: In 1649
Parliamentary Survey this was the Parsonage, and was marked on 1820
parish map as the Rectory. In c1880 a fire necessitated the
remodelling of the C17 building, which was timber-framed in C16.
(Wiltshire Archaeological Magazine Vol 40, 1919. Unpublished
records of RCHM (England), Salisbury.)
Listing NGR: SU1585030881
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.