Description: East Mill
Date Listed: 16 September 1974
English Heritage Building ID: 319599
OS Grid Reference: SU1799921454
OS Grid Coordinates: 417999, 121454
Latitude/Longitude: 50.9922, -1.7449
DOWNTON THE BOROUGH
SU 1821 (south side)
5/40 & 6/40 East Mill
(formerly listed as Former Downton
Power Station (excluding machinery)
Corn mill, later power station and now semi-detached house. C18,
converted to power station by Southern Tannery Company, in 1929,
closed 1973. English and Flemish bond brick, tiled roof with brick
stack. 2-storey, 6-window. Ground floor has C20 garage doors.
First floor has C20 door to right, up steps, and two C20 windows.
Stepped eaves cornice. Rear has C20 stable door, 2-light and 4-
light casements with hipped dormer with 2-light casement to roof.
Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SU1799721457
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.