Description: Old Rectory
Date Listed: 29 May 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 319919
OS Grid Reference: SU2280442604
OS Grid Coordinates: 422804, 142604
Latitude/Longitude: 51.1822, -1.6751
SU 24 SW
2/21 Old Rectory
Parsonage house, now house. 1828, enlarged 1836-9 for Thomas
Mozley. Rendered and colourwashed brick and cob, with slate roof.
Two storeys, 3 x 2 bays with rear wing of 2 bays on left, and angle
infilled with extension of sitting room in C20. Plan symmetrical
with central through stair hall. Four-panelled door with
ornamental fanlight now with C20 gabled classical porch on columns.
Twelve and 9-paned sash windows, those on upper floor with louvred
shutters. Roof hipped, with wide eaves and 2 lateral rendered
stacks. Large canted bay added to right side. Internally,
simple marble fire surround in dining room. Stair with square set
balusters and Tuscan newels.
(WAM 70-71 (1978))
Listing NGR: SU2280442604
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.