Description: Acacia Cottages
Date Listed: 27 July 1985
English Heritage Building ID: 320405
OS Grid Reference: ST9905731388
OS Grid Coordinates: 399057, 131388
Latitude/Longitude: 51.0818, -2.0148
ST 93 SE TEFFONT TEFFONT EVIAS
1/179 Acacia Cottages
Semi-detached almshouses with common entrance. 1883, endowed by Mr
and Mrs Fane de Salis of Teffont Manor (q.v.). Rubble stone,
ornamental tiled roof with ceramic ridge cresting, ashlar stacks.
Two-storey, 3-window. Central 4-panelled door with transom light
in gabled porch with pointed chamfered opening, either side is 3-
light hollow-chamfered mullioned window with hoodmould. First
floor has three 3-light mullioned windows with hoodmoulds and
gablets, over the centre window is shield tablet with lettering
ERECTED / BY / W and E.FDS / 1883. Right and left returns have 2-
light mullioned window with hoodmould to rear outshut. Rear
single-storey integral outshut has corrugated asbestos roof.
Interior has shared central lobby with doors off either side to
separate almshouses, 4-panelled doors.
Listing NGR: ST9905731388
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.