Description: The Manor House
Date Listed: 23 March 1960
English Heritage Building ID: 320760
OS Grid Reference: ST9967429369
OS Grid Coordinates: 399674, 129369
Latitude/Longitude: 51.0637, -2.0060
ST 92 NE FOVANT CHURCH LANE
3/174 The Manor House
Detached house. C17, altered mid and late C19. Dressed
limestone, thatched roof, gable end brick stacks and coped verges.
Two-storey and attic, 3-window. Central 4-panelled door in C19
porch with castellated parapet, 16-pane tripartite sash either
side. First floor has central 16-pane sash with tripartite sash
either side. Three raking dormers to attic with 2-light or
single-light casements. Attached to right is single-storey range
with 5-light casement to ground floor and large eyebrow attic
dormer with 5-light casement, roof hipped to right. Right return
has 3-light casement to ground floor. Left return is rendered
with French windows to left, 2-light casement and single-light
casement to right, fine decorated lead rainwater goods with Royal
Arms and initials VR with rampant lion and unicorn to hopper,
possibly erected at 1837 Coronation and contemporary with rear
parallel range. Rear range has three 12-pane sashes to ground
floor and three 2-light casements to first, slate roof. Attached
to rear left is late C19 single-storey service extension in cavity
wall brick with planked door and sashes. Interior has open
fireplace with cambered lintel on stone jambs, chamfered beams.
Attic has planked doors.
Listing NGR: ST9967429369
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.