Description: Ings Farmhouse
Date Listed: 17 December 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 320770
OS Grid Reference: SU0057628543
OS Grid Coordinates: 400576, 128543
Latitude/Longitude: 51.0562, -1.9931
SU 02 NW FOVANT HIGH STREET
4/184 Ings Farmhouse
Farmhouse, now detached house. 1699 on datestone over door.
Dressed limestone, tiled roof, formerly thatched, stone stacks.
L-plan. Two-storey, 2-window. Blocked central doorway with 3-
light recessed chamfered mullioned casement either side. First
floor has central blocked bull's eye with date 1699 in spandrels
and oval tablet with initials RPA below, 3-light recessed chamfered
mullioned casement either side. Three C20 rooflights to roof.
Left return has single attic casement, attached single-storey
addition with casements. Right return has single-light recessed
hollow-chamfered attic casement. Rear wing north side has C20
door and two hollow-chamfered casements; one C20, rear gable of
wing has 2-light casement to ground and first floors, single
hollow-chamfered casement to attic, south side of wing has C20
French windows and casements. Rear of main range has C20 French
windows within C20 conservatory, 2-light recessed chamfered
mullioned casement to first floor. Interior has chamfered beams
with stepped stops, open fireplace to south gable has chamfered
lintel on stone jambs, winding stairs in wing rise from ground
floor to attic, partly enclosed by moulded plank and muntin,
planked doors. Ceased to be a farmhouse in 1970s.
Listing NGR: SU0057628543
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.