Description: Walls and Railings with Gates, on North and West Sides of Churchyard of Church of St Leonard
Date Listed: 6 July 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 320977
OS Grid Reference: ST8921726904
OS Grid Coordinates: 389217, 126904
Latitude/Longitude: 51.0414, -2.1552
SEMLEY SEMLEY VILLAGE
ST 82 NE (south side)
3/187 Walls and railings with gates, on
north and west sides of churchyard
of Church of St. Leonard
Walls with railings and one pair of double gates and single gate.
Circa 1870. English bond brick dwarf walls with limestone pitched
coping and good cast-iron decorative railings. Double cast-iron
gates across north west corner with octagonal limestone piers with
broach stops to square plinths and arcaded frieze to conical
cappings, single cast-iron gate at east end of north wall. Good
surviving example of churchyard railings, probably paid for by the
Marchioness of Westminster of Fonthill.
Listing NGR: ST8921726904
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.