Description: Former Coach House, Stable and Section of Garden Wall to Rear of the Old House
Date Listed: 19 October 1983
English Heritage Building ID: 32298
OS Grid Reference: ST7908060107
OS Grid Coordinates: 379080, 160107
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3397, -2.3017
ST 7860-7960 FRESHFORD C.P. THE HILL
Former coach house, stable
G.V. and section of garden wall
to rear of The Old House
Coach house and stables, now dwellings, and garden wall. Coach house mid C18th,
rebuilt 1910. Coursed squared rubble; Cotswold stone slate hipped roof.
2 storeys. 5 2-light casement windows with plain mullions on ground floor;
2-, 3- and 4-light casements on first floor. 2 squared headed modern doors to
right; blocked carriage entry to left. Continuous string course over ground
floor. The garden wall is approximately 10 feet high and includes, in the
centre, a large 2 centred, moulded arch which is probably the original chancel
arch of St. Peter's Parish Church.
Listing NGR: ST7908060107
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.