Description: Hill House, Railings Piers and Gate to Front
Date Listed: 1 February 1956
English Heritage Building ID: 32308
OS Grid Reference: ST7909160067
OS Grid Coordinates: 379091, 160067
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3393, -2.3015
ST 7860-7960 FRESHFORD C.P. THE HILL
Hill House, (formerly listed as
1.2.56 The Cottage) railings, piers
G.V. and gate to front
House. Remodelled mid - late C18th. Rubble, partly rendered; double Roman
tiled roof with coped raised verges; ashlar parapet, moulded cornice.
2 storeys and attics in modern dormers. 3 bays. Glazing bar sash windows in
plain architraves; central window on first floor has semi-circular head with
keystone and imposts, and decorative glazing. Panelled door in architrave under
pediment on consoles; lintel with keystone. Fine cast iron railings enclose
garden at front; ashlar piers to sides and central decorative gate.
Listing NGR: ST7909160067
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.