Description: Former Aqueduct over Cam Brook at Ngr St 7575 6050
Date Listed: 19 October 1983
English Heritage Building ID: 32400
OS Grid Reference: ST7578860518
OS Grid Coordinates: 375788, 160518
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3432, -2.3490
ST 76 SE WELLOW C.P.
3/60 Former aqueduct over Cam
Brook at NGR ST 7575 6050
Aqueduct, now a bridge, over Cam Brook. Dated "1803", for Somersetshire Canal
Company. Surveyor, William Smith, "the Father of British Geology", under the
supervision of John Rennie. The engineer was William Bennet. Ashlar. 2 low
segmental arches. Chanelled pilasters, moulded projecting cornice and parapets.
Inscribed panel on north-west side is now illegible. (In poor state of repair).
Originally an aqueduct which joined the Cam/Radstock Branch of the canal, by
means of a basin and an incline to the Wellow (south) branch.
Listing NGR: ST7575060500
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.