Description: Station House
Date Listed: 12 December 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 328623
OS Grid Reference: SE6383260905
OS Grid Coordinates: 463832, 460905
Latitude/Longitude: 54.0402, -1.0268
SE 66 SW STRENSALL THE VILLAGE
2/89 No 130 (Station House)
Station, now house. c1848. Probably by G T Andrews for the York and
North Midland Railway. Brick, stone dressings and Welsh slate roof.
Main range with central bay breaking forward, addition to right and cross
wings to rear. 2 storeys, 5 bays with single-storey 2-bay addition to
right. Stone plinth. Central canted bay beneath wide eaves flanked by
sashes with glazing bars beneath cambered brick arches. Right extension:
2-panel door with overlight beneath segmental arch, with sash with glazing
bars beneath segmental arch to left. First floor: continuous stone band
at sill level. Pair of round-arched plate glass sashes flanked by sashes
with glazing bars beneath cambered brick arches, with window opening to
extreme left blocked. End and ridge stacks. The York to Scarborough
line was opened in 1845.
Listing NGR: SE6383260905
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.