Description: Leeds Regional Hospital Board
Date Listed: 4 February 1975
English Heritage Building ID: 329905
OS Grid Reference: SE3093755186
OS Grid Coordinates: 430937, 455186
Latitude/Longitude: 53.9918, -1.5296
5338 PARK PARADE
SE 3055 SE 16/135 Leeds Regional Hospital Board
Circa 1855 with additions in 186l. Site of the Queen's Head Inn, opened in 1687,
the earlist inn of Harrogate. Later the Queen Hotel until taken over by the
Leeds Regional Hospital Board in 1959. Rambling 3 storey frontage with former
manager's house at south end and ballroom at north end. Central, pedimented
entrance bay. Considerable extensions and additions at rear. Welsh slated roof.
Grit stone ashlar with bracketed cornice and balustraded parapet, segmental arched
sash windows, ground floor of ballroom with console bracketed cornices. Irregular
sited splayed bay windows rising full height of building. Splayed bay central
portico with Tuscan columns in antis carrying entablature with bracketed cornice.
Nos 1 & 2 and the Leeds Regional Hospital Board.
Listing NGR: SE3093755186
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.