Description: Parish Rooms on South Side of Church Yard
Date Listed: 28 May 1970
English Heritage Building ID: 334164
OS Grid Reference: SE2852207937
OS Grid Coordinates: 428522, 407937
Latitude/Longitude: 53.5673, -1.5708
SE 2807 CAWTHORNE CHURCH STREET
(West side, off)
10/38 Parish Rooms on south
28.5.70 side of church yard.
Parish rooms, former grammar school. Dated 1639, restored and altered C19.
Coursed rubble, stone slate roof. Single storey, single cell. Entrance,
with chamfered surround, to right with dated lintel. Two mid or late C19
windows to left with rock-faced surround and C20 casements. Tall ornamental
ashlar stack to left has gabled cap with lucarnes. Rear: two transomed
chamfered windows of three over three lights, the lower lights being taller.
Right return: One 4-light double-chamfered window with hoodmould, (restored
mullions and sill and possibly raised). Small double-chamfered light in
gable apex (restored). C20 addition to left not of special interest.
Listing NGR: SE2852207937
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.