Description: Quadrangular Range of Farmbuildings at Elms Farm Immediately to East of Farmhouse
Date Listed: 11 April 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 334461
OS Grid Reference: SE5168907325
OS Grid Coordinates: 451689, 407325
Latitude/Longitude: 53.5600, -1.2211
SE50NW BRODSWORTH PICKBURN LANE
(south side, off),
5/40 Quadrangular range of
Elms Farm immediately
to east of farmhouse
Combination farmbuildings. Dated "C.S.A.T./AD 1864". For Charles Thellusson of
Brodsworth Hall. Rendered rubble limestone with ashlar dressings and Welsh slate
roofs. Quadrangular plan with central fold-yard divided by axial wall and now
covered by C20 roofing. 2-storey front range of 1:5:1 bays, rest mostly single-
storey; symmetrical elevations apart from left return. Front range: ashlar plinth,
quoined and gabled end bays have blocked ground-floor windows and casements above
in projecting surrounds with sill blocks. Keyed oculus to each gable, bargeboards.
Similar windows to each intermediate bay; inserted hatch to right of bay 6.
Rear: gabled end and central bays. Left return: central, 2-storey, 5-bay barn with
quoined, segmentally-arched waggon entrance beneath date panel. Flanking hatches
as front. Cart-shed arcade to right has 4, rusticated, segmental arches on quoined,
responds and octagonal pillars. Window to end gable of front range, asbestos-roofed
link-block to barn. To left of barn are 3 lower segmentally-arched entrances.
Right return: 2-storey part to left, central gable with keyed oculus. Prestigious
farm development of Brodsworth Hall estate. A well-preserved relic of High-Victorian
Listing NGR: SE5168907325
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.