Description: Church of All Saints
Date Listed: 29 September 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 334642
OS Grid Reference: SE5847712734
OS Grid Coordinates: 458477, 412734
Latitude/Longitude: 53.6079, -1.1177
MOSS BAR CROFT LANE
SE 51 SE
5/67 Church of All Saints
Church, disused at time of resurvey. 1875. By J. L. Pearson.
Deeply-coursed dressed limestone, red tile roofs. West tower, 4-bay nave
with south porch, narrower 3-bay chancel; in Early English Gothic Revival
style. Tower: 4 stages. Chamfered plinth, clasping west buttresses rising
3 stages. Keel-moulded string courses below and above west window of
2 chamfered lights with hoodmould; chamfered lancets to ringing chamber;
belfry windows of 3 lights with hoodmoulds returning as a string course;
octagonal broach spire with weathervane. Nave: chamfered plinth, east
buttresses. Gabled porch to bay 2 has panel with cross above doorway; other
bays have a string course beneath lancet windows. Gable copings with apex
crosses to porch and nave. Chancel: lower. South priest's door with
hoodmould, triple-lancet window beneath string course stepping up to east.
East window of 3 lancets now walled-up. North elevations similar to south,
cylindrical flue rises from east buttress of nave. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SE5847712734
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.