Description: Derelict Farmhouse at Butterbusk Farm
Date Listed: 26 November 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 334810
OS Grid Reference: SK5308299838
OS Grid Coordinates: 453082, 399838
Latitude/Longitude: 53.4926, -1.2014
CONISBROUGH PARKS SHEFFIELD ROAD
SK59NW (north side, off),
4/37 Derelict farmhouse at
Farmhouse. C16-C17 core encased C18. Timber-framed core encased in rubble
magnesian limestone and mostly rendered, stone slate and pantile roof. T-
shaped plan having 2-bay crosswing on left of 4-bay main range; 2 storeys.
Main range has 2 ground-floor doorways in ashlar surrounds flanked by 3-light
wooden casements on each floor. Cross-wing on left has similar window to
each floor. Roof is half stone-slated and half pantiled and has brick stack
at left end of main range and truncated brick end stack on right. Rear: 2-
light mullioned cellar window to the crosswing: Right return: upper part of
post exposed on right, also the complete tie-beam with peg holes for braces
Interior: massive stack at left end of main range, chamfered spine beam in
roof on its right. In the cross wing the central tie beam and braces appear
to survive behind plaster; roof has single purlins clasped by collars over
each truss and on rafters at mid-point of each bay; small curved windbraces;
gable-end trusses have stud infill. Not properly inspected, see Ryder and
Magilton. Derelict at time of resurvey.
P. F. Ryder, Survey notes in South Yorkshire County Monuments and Sites
Record, Sheffield, primary index No. 1553.
J. R. Magilton, The Doncaster district, an archaeological Survey, 1977,
Listing NGR: SK5308299838
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.