Description: Farmbuilding Approximately 15 Metres to North East of Lambcote Grange Farmhouse
Date Listed: 26 November 1987
English Heritage Building ID: 334827
OS Grid Reference: SK5373693648
OS Grid Coordinates: 453736, 393648
Latitude/Longitude: 53.4369, -1.1926
STAINTON FISH FUND LANE
SK59SW (north side)
approximately 15 metres
to north-east of
Farmbuilding. Dated 'MMP 1695', altered. Magnesian limestone rubble, sheet
asbestos roof, 2 storeys, 4 bays; orientated north-south. Large quoins.
East side; external steps at each end, those on left with brick side wall
built across position of original doorway having bonded, chamfered ashlar
surround, Central, horizontally-sliding door with bonded ashlar right-hand
jamb; small, blocked rectangular window opening on its left; 4 inserted
lst floor: boarded door to each set of steps; 2 rectangular window openings
with ashlar surrounds (that on left repaired in brick), 2 slit vents, Nest
side: blocked door opening with banded, chamfered ashlar surround; 2 similar
lst-floor doorways, that on left with casement inserted above, that on right
has casement within South gable; inserted openings;, original surround below
gable casement; gable date plaque North gable: C19 doorway on left; bonded,
chmfered ashlar surround to lst floor now houses casement.
Interior: one principal-rafter truss with raking struts and wind braces to
original purlins; rafters removed and present roof laid on additional
purlins. Presumably built by the Purslove family soon after purchase of
Lambcote Grange in 1690 (indenture in house q.v.).
Listing NGR: SK5373693648
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.