Description: Bradfield Parish Council Offices and Flat
Date Listed: 15 October 1975
English Heritage Building ID: 335382
OS Grid Reference: SK2629991759
OS Grid Coordinates: 426299, 391759
Latitude/Longitude: 53.4220, -1.6057
SK29SE BRADFIELD MILL LEE ROAD
9/59 Bradfield Parish
15/10/75 Council Offices and
(formerly listed as
Wesleyan Chapel now offices and flat. 1817. Coursed, squared gritstone,
horizontally punched, stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 windows to first floor.
Plinth. Central panelled double door with overlight in square-faced ashlar
surround. Decorative iron lantern to each side of door. Flanking 16-pane
sashes in square-faced surrounds. Band to first floor inscribed WESLEYAN CHAPEL
BUILT 1817. Similar sashes and surrounds to 3 first floor windows. Central
square wooden louvre with finial. Projecting stack to right. Rear : 2 central
round-headed windows to first floor, otherwise similar sashes. Left return :
central ground floor windows of 2 lights with square-faced surround, mullion and
cornice. Above, 2 tall rounded-headed lights with architrave and impost blocks,
casements with glazing bars. Lean-to extension to right not of special interest.
Listing NGR: SK2629991759
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.