Description: War Memorial West of Church of the Holy Trinity
Date Listed: 19 February 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 335703
OS Grid Reference: SK3782096019
OS Grid Coordinates: 437820, 396019
Latitude/Longitude: 53.4596, -1.4319
SK39NE ROTHERHAM SOUGH HALL AVENUE
(east side, off),
1/68 War memorial
west of Church
of the Holy Trinity
War memorial. 1920. Designed and made by Tyas and Guest of Swinton (Rotherham
Advertiser). Ashlar sandstone monument, iron railings.
Square enclosure with low railings and 4 artillery shells set around monument.
Stylised, square-sectioned,Doric column with plinth inscribed 'BREWED BY / THE
GRATEFUL INHABITAWS / OF THIS PARISH'; torus enriched with fasces. Shaft bears
the name of village men lost in both World Wars. Entablature surmounted by
near-life-size statue of an infantryman holding a gun and facing to
Rotherham Advertiser, September 25th, 1920, pl0.
Listing NGR: SK3782096019
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.