Description: All Saints Church of England (Aided) School
Date Listed: 29 March 1968
English Heritage Building ID: 335993
OS Grid Reference: SK5173988243
OS Grid Coordinates: 451739, 388243
Latitude/Longitude: 53.3885, -1.2235
THURCROFT HIGH STREET
7/118 All Saints C. E.
29.3.68 (Aided) School
(formerly listed as
School. Early C17, extended 1850; C20 alterations and addition. C17 work of
rubble limestone, C19 work ashlar limestone; Welsh slate roof. 2-storeys-
and-attic, 3 x 1-bay C17 range extended to right under same roof by 1-storey,
2-bay addition of 1850. C17 part on left has chamfered plinth and large
quoins; porch to right has blocked, arched doorway, shaped kneelers, gable
copings with finial and glazed roof; double-chamfered, mullioned windows on
left of 3-, 2- and 3 lights have dripstones; matching 1st-floor windows of
3-, 3- and 2 lights. 1850 part to right: plinth and quoins; offset lateral
stack with recessed date (?) plaque, chimney shaft removed; cross window and
transomed 3-light double-chamfered window beneath dripmould on right. Roll-
moulded gable copings with apex finial bases to each end of range, ridge
ventilator. Rear: upper wall now glazed as a clerestorey.
Left return: cemented 5-light mullioned window with dripstone beneath,
double-chamfered 3-light mullioned window with dripstone and similar,
blocked, 2-light attic window. Right return: C19 chamfered, pointed doorway
on left of transomed 3-light window, slit window to gable. Built on land
given to Anthony Eyre and Edmund Laughton sometime between 1610 and 1619
(Hey, p132). C20 additions not of special interest.
D. Hey, Buildings of Britain 1550-1750, Yorshire, 1971 (plate).
Listing NGR: SK5174788251
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.