Description: Premises Occupied by Sharp and Law
Date Listed: 9 August 1983
English Heritage Building ID: 336213
OS Grid Reference: SE1516434433
OS Grid Coordinates: 415164, 434433
Latitude/Longitude: 53.8060, -1.7712
5111 CARLISLE ROAD BD8
Premises occupied by Sharp and Law
SE 1534 SW 31/333
Circa 1905 Baroque offices. Large 2-storey symmetrical elevation of 9 bays with
flanking shallow one bay wings. Sandstone "brick" with ashlar dressings. Massive
rustication to basement/plinth. Long and short quoins. Bold, bracketed cornice and
ashlar parapet raised up over wings. Welsh slate roof with central cupola - clock
turret, its entablature breaking forward at corners over supporting Doric columns.
Large windows in architrave surrounds. Ground floor windows of wings have open
pediments, large keystones breaking up into them. Central portal with rusticated
Ionic pilasters and open segmental pediment. Built as a works, the front elevation
is the principal feature of interest.
Listing NGR: SE1516434433
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.