Description: Church of All Saints
Date Listed: 9 August 1983
English Heritage Building ID: 336765
OS Grid Reference: SE1569932050
OS Grid Coordinates: 415699, 432050
Latitude/Longitude: 53.7845, -1.7632
5111 LITTLE HORTON LANE BD5
Church of All Saints
SE 1532 45/752
1864, architect Thomas Healy, completed after his death by his sons T H and F Healy.
The finest and most richly detailed of the Bradford churches of this period. A
large church in a late C13 Decorated Gothic, bearing some resemblance to All Saints
Halifax of 1858 by Scott. Fine quality sandstone masonry. Tall nave, shallow aisles,
apsidal east end, transepts, north porch. The dominant feature (and a Bradford
landmark) is the fine tower abutting the south transept. Inset buttresses, 4 stages
with open twin light shafted bell stage; trefoil panelled parapet, crowned by corner
pinnacles. Octagonal lofty stone spire with elongated lucarnes. The buttressed
clerestory has spherical triangle windows, trefoil tracing. The graceful 3 light
apse windows have applied crocketed gables. Trefoil traceried rose to west end gable.
Listing NGR: SE1569932050
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.