Church of All Saints, Tilsworth
Description: Church of All Saints
Date Listed: 3 February 1967
English Heritage Building ID: 36094
OS Grid Reference: SP9751424281
OS Grid Coordinates: 497514, 224281
Latitude/Longitude: 51.9085, -0.5838
Location: Stanbridge Road, Tilsworth, Central Bedfordshire LU7 9PN
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
There is also a scheduled monument, Warren Knoll: a Motte Castle Reused As a Warren, at the same location as this building or very close to it. This may be related in some way or possibly a different name for the same structure.
5125 TILSWORTH STANBRIDGE ROAD
Church of All Saints
SP 9724 27/307 3.2.67
Clunch and ironstone church. C13 south arcade of 3 bays. South aisle rebuilt
and west tower constructed over west bay of nave C15. Remainder C14. In the
north aisle are 3 detached statuettes of knights and part of a fourth. They are
C13 and their origin unknown. In chancel, tombe of Gariel Yowler (deceased 1582)
- Corinthian columns on panelled base supporting canopy with carved Frieze.
Monument of similar type to Sir Henry Chester (deceased 1666) Knight of the Bath
to Charles II. Jacobean pulpit. Font has C17 bowl and C13 century stem.
Listing NGR: SP9751424281
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.