Description: Church of St Giles
Date Listed: 3 February 1967
English Heritage Building ID: 36168
OS Grid Reference: SP9884020885
OS Grid Coordinates: 498840, 220885
Latitude/Longitude: 51.8778, -0.5656
There is also a scheduled monument, Site of Roman villa E of church, at the same location as this building or very close to it. This may be related in some way or possibly a different name for the same structure.
5125 TOTTERNHOE CHURCH ROAD
Church of St Giles
SP 92 SE 36/386 3.2.67
Mainly Tottenhoe stone with chequered ashlar and flint east chancel wall.
Battlemented. Chancel C14. Remainder late Perpendicular. Four bay arcades
with capital of east respond of north arcade bearing an angel with a shield
depicting an ash tree rising from a well, a symbol for Ashwell. Original nave
and aisle roofs with moulded purlins, carved beams and bosses. In chancel,
brass of John Warwekhyll, vicar (deceased 1524).
Listing NGR: SP9884020885
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.