Description: St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
Date Listed: 4 November 1993
English Heritage Building ID: 435824
OS Grid Reference: TQ1811484865
OS Grid Coordinates: 518114, 184865
Latitude/Longitude: 51.5503, -0.2979
The following building shall be added:
TQ 18 SE WEMBLEY EALING ROAD
935-/3/10007 St Andrew's Presbyterian
Former Presbyterian church. 1904, to the designs of Thomas
Collcutt and Stanley Hamp, who was also chief benefactor of
the church. Brick in Flemish bond with pebble dash; stone,
artificial stone, and brick dressings. Gable-facing roof of
tile, rounded to apse. A style strongly influenced by the Arts
and Crafts manner. Apse of one bay with hemispherical roof
separated from broad barrel-vaulted nave by coffered rib;
narthex formed within nave by wooden west gallery. Two
entrances set in round-arched colonnade at ritual west end.
Nearly free-standing northwest tower terminating in clock face
and open cupoa with diminutive buttresses. Diocletian windows
to nave with deep interior reveals; sill band inside and out.
Three round windows to apse and single, large round to west
gable. Flush stone dressings to openings and banding. Single
storey vestry to northeast. Fittings removed.
Listing NGR: TQ1811484865
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.