Description: Seend Methodist Chapel
Date Listed: 17 March 1981
English Heritage Building ID: 448349
OS Grid Reference: ST9405860912
OS Grid Coordinates: 394058, 160912
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3473, -2.0867
SEEND HIGH STREET
13/316 Seend Methodist Chapel
Methodist Chapel, 1774-5, red brick with ashlar dressings and slate
hipped roof. Flush quoins. Centre double doors in flush moulded
surround with pediment on brackets, 2-light window over with
pointed heads and 'Wesleyan 1774' inscribed in spandrel. Door
lintel has inscribed 'This chapel was opened by the Rev. John
Wesley A.M. on March 4th 1775', inscription added 1929. Similar
pointed head windows, two 3-lights each side and two 2-lights to
rear. Panelled fronted gallery on two columns.
(H.J. Griffiths Seend Methodist Chapel 1775 to 1975, 1974; E.
Bradby Seend A Wiltshire Village, 1981: 135-7).
Listing NGR: ST9405860912
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.