Description: Non Conformist Chapel
Date Listed: 16 January 2003
English Heritage Building ID: 489950
OS Grid Reference: TR3514069224
OS Grid Coordinates: 635140, 169224
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3733, 1.3772
878/0/10038 Non Conformist Chapel, Margate Cemetery
Cemetery chapel, one of a pair. Built by Birch of Margate in 1856, builder G Hadlow. Perpendicular style. Kentish ragstone rubble with stone dressings, tiled roof with terracotta ridge tiles.
EXTERIOR: West end has a circular opening with cinquefoil light above ogee-arched doorcase with foliate corbels, colonnettes and plank door with elaborate iron mongery. North side has three triple windows with trefoil heads. South side has two similar windows and a central gable with double trefoil head. East window has large traceried window with sexfoil and three trefoil heads.
INTERIOR: Two bays. Arch-braced roof with collar beams supported on carved corbels, wooden dado panelling, original pews and tiled floor around altar.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.