Quay 70 Metres West of Church of St Winnow, St Winnow
Description: Quay 70 Metres West of Church of St Winnow
Date Listed: 30 April 1985
English Heritage Building ID: 60640
OS Grid Reference: SX1145256981
OS Grid Coordinates: 211452, 56981
Latitude/Longitude: 50.3824, -4.6534
Location: St Winnow, Cornwall PL22 0LF
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
SX 15 NW ST WINNOW
6/140 Quay 70 metres west of Church
- of St Winnow
Remains of quay, circa late C18 and earlier. Dressed granite stones with C16 and C17
reused stone mullions and jambs probably from the manor house of St Winnow. (q.v. St
Boathouse 6 metres to east also with reused chamfered jambs and quoins.
John Leyland described the jetty in circa 1538 'By this church is a warfe to make
Itinaries of John Leland. Sites and Monuments Register, Truro, Cornwall.
Listing NGR: SX1298160436
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.