Parish Church of Glass, Huntly
Description: Parish Church of Glass
Date Listed: 16 April 1971
Historic Scotland Building ID: 13715
OS Grid Coordinates: 343404, 839964
Latitude/Longitude: 57.4464, -2.9446
Location: Torry, Aberdeenshire AB54 4XH
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
179 (dated "91" on sundial) renovated Reid (Elgin)
1883-4, large T-plan addition and general remodelling 1903,
J. Robertson (Inverness). Original church rectangular with
bellcote, harled with margins. S. front of 4 windows
checked for shutters, later semi-elliptically arched heads
and inserted tracery. Font Sir R.S. Lorimer; glass Douglas
Strachan. 1642 Burgerhuys bell recast.
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.References:
O.S.A. v. 7 p. 401
('is this year very sufficiently rebuilt')
N.S.A. v. 12 p. 207 (date given as 1782)
3 S.A. p. 616, Hay Post Ref. Chs. (date given as 1782)
Huntly Express March 6, 1903.
Aberdeen Press and Journal April 3, 1965. Heritors' Records.
There are no minutes relating to the 1903 alterations.
P.S.A.S. v. XC p. 153.
Ecclesiastical building in use as such.
Source: Historic Scotland
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.