Aboyne Castle Policies, Allach Bridge, Aboyne And Glen Tanar
Description: Aboyne Castle Policies, Allach Bridge
Date Listed: 30 March 2000
Historic Scotland Building ID: 47074
OS Grid Coordinates: 352766, 799234
Latitude/Longitude: 57.0817, -2.7809
Location: Ballochan, Aberdeenshire AB34 5JP
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
Dated 1787. Triple span, segmental-arched bridge. Coursed grey granite. Slightly recessed arch panel with finely finished arch ring, tooled datestone reading "EA 1787"; dentil moulded entablature; flat-coped parapet, swept down to E and W; slightly splayed wing walls with plinths for spherical caps.
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.References:
1st (1866-67) and 2nd (1902) EDITION OS MAPS.
A-Group with Aboyne Castle, Mains of Aboyne, Home Farm, South Lodge, West Lodge, Walled Garden and Ice House. "CEA" stands for Charles, 4th Earl of Aboyne, and also appears on the ice house (see separate listing) of some 70 years later, this time representing his grandson the 6th Earl of Aboyne. Allach Bridge was originally crossed to reach the castle from the East Lodge (now demolished).
Source: Historic Scotland
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.