History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Edington, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2767 / 51°16'36"N

Longitude: -2.1071 / 2°6'25"W

OS Eastings: 392622

OS Northings: 153071

OS Grid: ST926530

Mapcode National: GBR 2VN.VFK

Mapcode Global: VH97B.F5DL

Entry Name: The Old Vicarage

Listing Date: 5 November 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1021501

English Heritage Legacy ID: 313815

Location: Edington, Wiltshire, BA13

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Edington

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Edington and Imber

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Edington

Listing Text

EDINGTON WESTBURY ROAD
ST 95 SW
(north side)
5/176 The Old Vicarage
II
Rectory, now detached house. Circa 1825, restored 1983. English
bond brick, hipped Welsh slate roof, brick stacks. Two-storey, 3-
window. Central half-glazed door with margin-panes, segmental-
headed 12-pane sash either side, within glazed verandah. Sill
band to three first floor sashes. One hipped attic dormer with 2-
light casement. Left return has half-glazed door and sash, C20
conservatory, two sashes to first floor. C20 garage attached to
right return with sash and conservatory to right, one sash to first
floor. Rear has 4-panelled door with transom light and 9-pane
sash either side to dressed limestone basement, ground floor has
central blind window flanked by sashes, first floor has central
sash flanked by blind windows, hipped attic dormer.
Interior retains original joinery; window shutters, 6-panelled
doors to ground floor and 4-panelled doors to first floor. Open-
well stairs have stick balusters, cast-iron balustrade to landing,
moulded handrail. First floor has reeded fireplace surrounds with
paterae. Ceased to be the rectory in 1982, 1983 restoration
included removal of 2-storey one-bay early C20 extension to left
side of front.


Listing NGR: ST9262253071

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.