History in Structure

Visiting for the first time since the site upgrade? Read what's new!

Brook Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Heywood, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2798 / 51°16'47"N

Longitude: -2.2155 / 2°12'55"W

OS Eastings: 385062

OS Northings: 153433

OS Grid: ST850534

Mapcode National: GBR 1T5.QPH

Mapcode Global: VH978.K326

Entry Name: Brook Hall

Location: Heywood, Wiltshire, BA14

County: Wiltshire

Parish: Heywood

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Listing Date: 11 September 1968

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

English Heritage Legacy ID: 313820

Source ID: 1021502

Listing Text

HEYWOOD BROKERSWOOD
ST 85 SE
(east side)
4/181 Brook Hall
11.9.68
GV II
Farmhouse. Circa 1600, altered late C18. Coursed rubble stone,
hipped stone slate roof, brick stacks. Two-storey, 4-window east
front, a late C18 rendered Gothick facade. Two pointed doorways,
the left one is blocked, one to right of centre has 6-panelled door
and tripartite Tudor-arched sash with Y tracery and glazing bars to
right and two similar Tudor-arched sashes to left. First floor has
four Tudor-arched 2-light casements with Y glazing bars. Left
return has C19 attached lean-to extension with 2-light blocked
mullioned casement within, external brick stack, two blocked cross
windows and one cross window with casements to first floor. West
front has C19 lean-to porch with slate roof with 4-panelled and
planked door within, first floor has moulded cross window and 4-
light mullioned and transomed window. Left return has C20
casements, concrete tiled roof to wing, rear of wing attached to
C15 range (q.v.). Interior partly damaged by fire in 1958 which
destroyed roof timbers of north west corner. Interior not
accessible at time of survey (July 1986).


Listing NGR: ST8506253433

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.