This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3224 / 51°19'20"N
Longitude: -2.203 / 2°12'10"W
OS Eastings: 385953
OS Northings: 158164
OS Grid: ST859581
Mapcode National: GBR 1ST.1VH
Mapcode Global: VH972.R1R2
Entry Name: 13, the Halve
Listing Date: 29 December 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1021599
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314034
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14
Civil Parish: Trowbridge
Built-Up Area: Trowbridge
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Trowbridge St James
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(North East Side)
ST 8558 5/56 29.12.50.
Early C19. Bath stone front on projecting plinth. Angle pilasters. String at
2nd floor level. Astrayed, plain frieze and moulded cornice broken forward over
angle pilasters. Parapet with projecting coping. Slate roof with coped verges,
saddle stone on right hand gable and 2 brick chimneys with moulded capping. 3
ranges of sash windows, the outer 4 panes wide, the central 2nd floor window with
cambered upper sash and central on 1st floor arched with radiating glazing. 2
windows, 4 panes wide but no glazing bars, on ground floor. All windows except
in centre of 1st floor are in slight recessess with double scroll cut shape to
head. 6-panel central door; with arched fanlight of carved and radiating pattern,
under ionic porch of corner piers and 2 columns with entablature and parapet.
Small dwarf retaining wall across front, no rails, 4 moulded stone steps. Stable
gate right hand; stone segmental archway with moulded surround.
Nos 13 and 14 form a group with Nos 17 to 21 (consec)
Listing NGR: ST8595358164
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings