This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3172 / 51°19'1"N
Longitude: -2.2138 / 2°12'49"W
OS Eastings: 385196
OS Northings: 157589
OS Grid: ST851575
Mapcode National: GBR 1SS.C46
Mapcode Global: VH972.L501
Entry Name: 14-16, Newtown
Listing Date: 26 November 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1021630
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314095
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14
Civil Parish: Trowbridge
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Studley St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(South West Side)
Nos 14 to 16 (consec)
ST 8557 6/327
Nos 14-28 originally a terrace of Weavers' houses, retaining many of the original
features. The original building lease dates from 1789 and the 1st 4 houses were
built by 1791; the rest followed soon after. Nos 27 and 28 altered. Nos 14-16
are 3 storeys, red brick, with occasional header courses. Some stone footing.
Nos 14 and 15 have stone quoins to right. Each house has 1 range of paired glazing
bar sash windows in stone surrounds with beaded inner edges. No l4 with a blind
recess to right and bands over ground and 1st floors - ground floor band obscured
by early C2O public house window (a 4-light mullion and transom affair) with brackets
to fascia and also by pediment and bracketted doorpiece. No 15 has modern glazed
door; No 16 a 6 panel door with glazed upper panels. Nos 15 and 16 have plain
stone surrounds to doorways which have beaded inner edges. Double roman tiles
with continuous ridge and brick ridge chimneys.
Nos l4 to 26 (consec) form a group.
Listing NGR: ST8519657589
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings