This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3194 / 51°19'9"N
Longitude: -2.2026 / 2°12'9"W
OS Eastings: 385975
OS Northings: 157832
OS Grid: ST859578
Mapcode National: GBR 1ST.7XN
Mapcode Global: VH972.R3XC
Entry Name: Courtfield House
Listing Date: 29 December 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1021635
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314108
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14
Civil Parish: Trowbridge
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Trowbridge St James
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(South West Side)
ST 8557 7/40 29.12.50.
Circa 1754 (deeds) in earlier style, with earlier building. 2 storeys, attic and
cellars. Brick on projecting plinth with moulded stone capping and chamfered stone
quoins. Valley roof with half-hipped gables. Stone tile roof with projecting
eaves and wooden gutter on wrought iron barackets. 2 hipped dormers with sashes
3 panes wide. Glazing bar sash windows. 3 on 1st floor with raised stone surrounds,
outer edges moulded, inner beaded. 2 similar windows on ground floor and early
C19 half glazed door in stone surround of architrave, plain outer framing and stone
console brackets supporting cornice and pediment. Two 2-light cellar windows.
3 light bay windows to return fronts. Irregular gabled wing to right hand at
back. The rear has a C20 timber framed loggia with brick herring bone nogging which
links to the workshop extension (qv). Stone mullion casement windows with stone
drips over to gable end. Interior: several features retained; Tudor arch fireplace
inserted on ground floor.
Listing NGR: ST8597557832
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings