This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3471 / 51°20'49"N
Longitude: -2.2905 / 2°17'25"W
OS Eastings: 379862
OS Northings: 160935
OS Grid: ST798609
Mapcode National: GBR 0QZ.HQG
Mapcode Global: VH96V.7DYM
Entry Name: 146, Winsley Village
Listing Date: 14 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1021920
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314781
Location: Winsley, Wiltshire, BA15
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Winsley St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST 76 SE WINSLEY WINSLEY VILLAGE
3/333 No 146
House, mid C18 and early C19, squared rubble stone, the earlier
part to left, with Bridgwater tiles and ridge stack, the taller
later section, to right, with roof, coped gables and end stacks.
Left section has raised band and cyma-moulded flush mullion
windows, 3-light each floor to right, then blocked door with blank
shield plaque over, then single light each floor, then single light
to ground floor and, to right, a large 3-light each floor. Early
C19 range has raised band, moulded cornice and parapet, door to
left in arched surround with imposts and consoles under stone hood.
Plain fanlight, double panelled doors. To right, a 12-pane sash
each floor. Door details are similar to Bleak House (q.v.) dated
1824. House is recorded in mid C18 occupied by Wiltshire family,
marked as two houses owned by J. Smallcombe on 1841 Tithe map.
Listing NGR: ST7986260935
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings