This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4355 / 51°26'7"N
Longitude: -2.1997 / 2°11'59"W
OS Eastings: 386212
OS Northings: 170738
OS Grid: ST862707
Mapcode National: GBR 1R8.W4T
Mapcode Global: VH96H.T5GX
Entry Name: Beechfield House
Listing Date: 1 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1022071
English Heritage Legacy ID: 315293
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13
Civil Parish: Corsham
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Greater Corsham
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
CORSHAM MIDDLEWICK LANE, Pickwick
4/265 Beechfield House
House, c1794-9, ashlar with low-pitched slate hipped roof and 2
rear wall stacks to main range. Main range has formal 3-storey, 5-
window front with raised plinth, sill bands to ground and first
floors, moulded cornice and parapet. Centre bay is slightly
projected. Six-pane attic windows, 12-pane elsewhere, longer to
ground floor. French window to first floor centre. Central
projecting ashlar enclosed porch with Doric angle pilasters,
moulded cornice and small iron rail above. Broad central arch with
large traceried fanlight over 6-panel door and sidelights, with
pilasters between. Each end wall has full-height 3-window bow.
Two-storey north-west service wing with cornice, parapet, ridge
stack and northend stack. Two 12-pane upper sashes, ground floor
sash paired with door and pair of sashes, ground floor openings in
raised moulded surrounds. North-east rear wing mid to late C19, 3-
storey, 2-window with moulded architraves to attic and first floor
windows. Two-storey, one-window addition beyond.
Interior has moulded plaster borders to main ceilings, central
open-well stair with skylight over and plain balusters. On site of
a C17 house called Leyceters demolished c1794 and present house
built c1794-9 for Rev. J.L. Willis. Owned later by Sir G. Goldney
M.P. (1814-1900) and Sir F.H. Goldney (1846-1920).
(H. Brakspear, Corsham n.d.26 - reprint Wilts.Arch.Mag.43 511-39)
Listing NGR: ST8621270738
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings