This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4207 / 51°25'14"N
Longitude: -2.1179 / 2°7'4"W
OS Eastings: 391895
OS Northings: 169082
OS Grid: ST918690
Mapcode National: GBR 1RK.Z70
Mapcode Global: VH96K.7KP7
Entry Name: 4, Reybridge
Listing Date: 20 December 1960
Last Amended: 7 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1022191
English Heritage Legacy ID: 315582
Location: Lacock, Wiltshire, SN15
Civil Parish: Lacock
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Lacock with Bowden Hill
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
ST 96 NW
3/146 No 4
(formerly listed as Nos 1
and 2 River Cottages)
Pair of cottages, now one house, C18 rubble stone with stone slate
roof, ridge and east end stacks. Two storeys. North side has 2-
window range to left, two 2-light windows above, 3-light and 2-
light with dripmoulds to ground floor, all cyma-moulded flush
mullion. To right a lean-to altered to entry in C20 with reused
C18 window in east side wall and hipped eaves-breaking 2-light
cyma-moulded recessed mullion window. South side has, to left,
stone slate hood over casements and door in chamfered surround.
Dripcourse over, stepped down to right over 2-light mullion window.
Similar window over. Door to right, then projecting gabled 2-
storey wing with 3-light end-wall window and west side plank door.
Interior: Ground floor east room has spine beam and fireplace with
cambered timber lintel. One first floor C18 moulded stone
fireplace. Double-purlin roof with heavy tie-beam and collar
trusses, 2 wide bays to east, 2 narrow bays to west.
Listing NGR: ST9189569082
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings