This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4106 / 51°24'38"N
Longitude: -2.1092 / 2°6'32"W
OS Eastings: 392504
OS Northings: 167960
OS Grid: ST925679
Mapcode National: GBR 2T3.FL6
Mapcode Global: VH96K.DSBZ
Entry Name: Strode House
Listing Date: 7 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1022200
English Heritage Legacy ID: 315609
Location: Lacock, Wiltshire, SN15
Civil Parish: Lacock
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Lacock with Bowden Hill
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
LACOCK THE WHARF
ST 96 NW
3/173 Strode House
House, c1830-40 on earlier core. Ashlar front, rendered and
squared rubble rear wings. Slate roofs. Main front is formal 2-
storey, 3-window range with deep-eaved low-pitched hipped roof.
Painted boarding to eaves soffit. Raised plinth, angle strips,
band and eaves band. Twelve-pane sashes and centre elliptical-
arched doorway with 4-panel door, side-lights and traceried
fanlight. Broad Roman Doric porch with 2 columns, half-column
responds and flat entablature. Two rear wings: South rendered
with sashes in flush ashlar frames, steep-pitched roof and east end
stack, to north of coursed rubble stone with raised band and
several cyma-moulded recessed 2-light mullion windows. C20 hipped
porch. House is marked, as Stroud Farm, owned by D. Smith Esqr,
on 1773 Andrews and Drury map.
Listing NGR: ST9250467960
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings