History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Curricomb Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Bremhill, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.4703 / 51°28'12"N

Longitude: -2.0702 / 2°4'12"W

OS Eastings: 395219

OS Northings: 174589

OS Grid: ST952745

Mapcode National: GBR 2SC.RF3

Mapcode Global: VHB3V.29FR

Entry Name: Curricomb Farmhouse

Listing Date: 25 November 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1022445

English Heritage Legacy ID: 316208

Location: Bremhill, Wiltshire, SN15

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Bremhill

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Chippenham with Tytherton Lucas

Church of England Diocese: Bristol

Find accommodation in
Tytherton Lucas

Listing Text

BREMHILL TYTHERTON LUCAS
ST 97 SE
8/84 Curricomb Farmhouse
II
Farmhouse, C17 possibly on earlier core, extended in early C19.
Rubble stone, the extension ashlar-fronted, Bridgwater tiles, coped
gables, south end stack and ridge stack at original north end. Two
storeys and attic, formerly with dormers. Four-window original
range and one-window addition to left. Original range has hollow-
moulded recessed mullioned windows with hoodmoulds and relieving
arches over ground floor windows. Three-light windows each side,
two-light each floor to left of centre, lower window possibly an
insertion as smaller than upper window and has no relieving arch.
To right of centre, large projecting gabled porch bay with coped
gable and unusual chequer of red brick and ashlar to front. Apex
shield plaque, first floor 3-light with hoodmould and ground floor
arched entry with moulded imposts, pendant keystone and deep
hoodmould. Various graffito dates of c1660-1700, the clearest IS -
1699. Inner flush hollow-moulded doorcase with framed plank door.
South end wall has original attic 2-light window and stepped
buttress on south east angle. Similar buttress on rear wall and 3-
window range of 3-light similar windows with hoodmoulds and ground
floor relieving arches. Early C19 extension to north has 3-light
beaded mullion window each floor and similar window to ground floor
and attic of north end wall.
Interior: chamfered beams with bar stops.


Listing NGR: ST9521974589

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.